Thursday, October 22, 2009

Taking the Digital Plunge

Bill Ferriter's article Taking the Digital Plunge appeared in the September issue of Educational Leardership: Teaching for the 21st Century. I have summarized the article in the Quicktime presentation below. Before activating the presentation please READ the information that follows. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and the need to multi-task.

Technical disclaimer and viewing tips:

  • I used Pages (iWorks) to create the slide show. I've always used MS PowerPoint so this was a "first".
  • It all looked fine in Keynote but in the process of formatting it into a Quicktime movie, my presentation shrunk! Use the "View" button on the menu bar and zoom to at least 150% for viewing without ruining your eyes.
  • You will notice that timing is a bit off - slides and content are moving a faster than I had expected. Please use the slider tool or the "pause" button at the bottom of the video windown to stop and read because Bill Ferriter makes such sense!

Alice, thanks so much for making this article part of our class assignments. Bill Ferriter inspires me and his words encourage me to continue to inspire others!


3 comments:

  1. You're welcome. I also really enjoyed this article and am planning on using it with our teachers. NICE job integrating graphics and slideshows in to your blog! I love all the things to look at! And congrats on trying the slide show. I think it came out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Janny,
    I really like the slideshow platform for posting your reaction to the article. Perfect example of the media collage. Your use of headers, footers, and transitions really aided in emphasizing your points. And they are so spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liza,
    Speaking of social media - take a look at today's (Sunday's) Doonsbury.
    Janny

    ReplyDelete